WHAT: The Maryland Office of Social Equity will host its fourth technical Assistance Informational Event for prospective or verified social equity applicants for the Fall 2023 Cannabis Application Licensing Round. Attendees will hear presentations from industry leaders and experts. Topics include social equity verification, license application timelines, state-sponsored technical assistance programs, and essential processes. Interactive discussions and Q&A sessions with subject matter experts will focus on critical areas such as business formation, strategic partnerships, financial planning, taxation, and fundraising.
WHEN: Monday, October 30, 2023, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
WHERE: Virtual (Link Here)
WHO: Presenters include:
- Audrey Johnson, Executive Director, Office of Social Equity
- William Tilburg, Acting Director, Maryland Cannabis Administration
- Andrew Garrison, Chief of the Office of Policy and Government Affairs, Maryland Cannabis Administration
- Chanel White, Economic Opportunity Officer, Office of Social Equity
- Joshua Greenberg, Legislative Liaison, Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Andy Fish, Senior Director of Finance Programs, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Nicole Johnson, Regional Public Engagement Officer, Maryland Office of the Comptroller
- Krystle Myers, ESQ, Eleven Law Firm
- Daniel Ensor, CPA, UHY LLP
- Kevin Goldberg, ESQ, GLeaf Medical LLC
About Office of Social Equity (OSE)
The Office of Social Equity, an independent agency established by the Cannabis Reform Act of 2023, is charged with providing resources and support for historically disadvantaged individuals and businesses seeking to enter the adult-use cannabis market. The vital responsibilities of the office include implementing technical assistance programs for qualifying social equity applicants and licensees, reviewing regulations and laws through an economic equity and social justice lens, and supporting key programs including the Community Repair and Reinvestment Fund and the Cannabis Business Assistance Fund.
The mission of the Office of Social Equity is to provide resources and support for historically disadvantaged individuals and businesses seeking to enter the Maryland adult-use cannabis industry.
About the Maryland Cannabis Administration
The Maryland Cannabis Administration is responsible for regulating the state’s medical cannabis program and overseeing the implementation of policies related to cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. MCA is committed to ensuring a fair and transparent cannabis industry in Maryland.
About the Cannabis Business Assistance Fund
The Cannabis Business Assistance Loan/Grant Fund (CBAF) is a financing resource operated by the Maryland Department of Commerce (Commerce), to provide grants and loans for small businesses, including small, minority-owned and small women-owned businesses entering the adult-use cannabis industry. CBAF also provides grants to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) for cannabis-related programs and to business development organizations, including incubators, to train and assist small businesses, including minority and women business owners and entrepreneurs, seeking to become licensed to participate in the adult-use cannabis industry.