Pigtown Main Street
On October 8, 2022, from 12-7 pm, Pigtown Main Street will present the 20th Annual Pigtown Festival, a family-friendly event that celebrates the character and history of one of Baltimore’s most unique neighborhoods. Thousands will visit our funky neighborhood to experience another spectacular festival while dancing to live music, enjoying food and drink, and browsing arts and crafts tables. Families will enjoy an amazing KidZone, with hat making, baseball throwing, and, of course, cheering on their favorite pig at the iconic “Squeakness” pig races.
• Live music by regional bands including Rufus Roundtree & Da B’More Brass Factory, Tony Waddy’s Hot Mess, and Joe Keyes and the Late Bloomers!
• The annual running of the pigs, “Squeakness”, takes place several times throughout the day and is always the highlight of the festival!
• Learn the Pigtown Shuffle and sing along to the Pigtown Anthem
• Festive food, local brews, and pie-eating contests.
• Our all-day KidZone is better than ever with even more FREE entertainment, crafts, and activities. This year for the first time we will have a KidZone Stage with a performance by the amazing Katyrah Love, as well as activities from Enoch Pratt Library, The Tattered Hatters, Ferrets and Friends, SCRAP B-more, Velocity Center for Dance Performance, an appearance by the Oriole Bird and baseball lessons by BUBA and more!
“We’re very excited about this year’s music lineup,” said Daniel Khoshkepazi, Main Street Manager at Pigtown Main Street. “We have everything from reggae rockers, and 90’s Neo-Blues, to a New Orleans brass sound with R&B and funk. Our food trucks and vendors will be selling some of Baltimore’s best eats and serving local brews.” We will be featuring festival staple drinks that will include beer, wine, and Pigtown Crushes.
The festival is made possible by the generosity of this year’s sponsors, which include
Definitive Title, Results1Realty, WORK Printing and Graphics, Culinary Architecture, Zeke’s Coffee, Mayorga Coffee, Total Health Care, Blank Slate Development, Southern Galvanizing and more.
Proceeds will benefit Pigtown Main Street, whose mission is to revitalize the Washington Boulevard commercial corridor – Pigtown’s main business artery – through events, support for small businesses, and clean, green, and safe initiatives.
The 20th Annual Pigtown Festival offers something for everyone and will take place rain or shine.
WHAT: 20th Annual Pigtown Festival
WHEN: Saturday, October 8, 12pm-7pm
WHERE: 700-900 Washington Boulevard
Beverage packages available online at pigtownmainstreet.org
MORE INFO: For more information, please visit www.pigtownmainstreet.org
About Pigtown Main Street
Pigtown Main Street is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to the commercial revitalization of the Washington Boulevard commercial corridor. Founded in 2000, we are an original member of Baltimore Main Streets (a program of the Baltimore Development Corporation) and we are an accredited National Main Streets member organization.