(BALTIMORE – August 13, 2023) – Marvin “Doc” Cheatham suggests a new route option for the Charm City Circulator in Baltimore, a free bus that travels through the center of town (least populated by Blacks). He suggests a “brown” route:
SUGGESTED BROWN ROUTE – NORTH AVENUE – HILTON TO MILTON
-FREE CHARM CITY CIRCULATOR
*WALBROOK JUNCTION ENOCH PRATT FREE LIBRARY
*PENN-NORTH ENOCH PRATT FREE LIBRARY
*WEST BALTIMORE’S FIRST FOOD HALL
*COPPIN STATE UNIVERSITY
*WILLIAM S. BEAR SCHOOL
*FREDERICK DOUGLASS SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
*GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER VOCATIONAL-TECHNICAL SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
*MTA PENN-NORTH SUBWAY STOP
MTA NORTH AVENUE LIGHT RAIL STATION STOP
*BALTIMORE PENN TRAIN STATION
*MARYLAND INSTITUTE COLLEGE OF ARTS
*STATION NORTH ARTS ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT
*STATION NORTH ARTS CAFÉ GALLERY
*ARCH SOCIAL CLUB
*MONDAWMIN SHOPPING MALL
*NATIONAL GREAT BLACKS IN WAX MUSEUM
*BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM HEADQUARTERS
*DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
*BROOKS CLINTON FUNERAL SERVICE
*WELLS FARGO BANK
*NORTH AVENUE GATEWAY APARTMENTS
*ST. STEPHENS COURT APARTMENTS
*BON SECOURS NEW SHILOH VILLAGE
*CENTER FOR URBAN FAMILIES
*JOSEPH BROWN FUNERAL HOME
*DRUID HEIGHTS C.D.C.
*1515 BALTIMORE CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
*BALTIMORE CITY SOCIAL SERVICES
*HISTORIC PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE
*COLUMBUS SCHOOL APARTMENTS
*STANDARD AUTO PARTS
*EAST SIDE DISTRICT COURT
*WILLIAM C. MARCH FUNERAL HOME
20 NORTH AVENUE BALTIMORE CITY CHURCHES
*NEW SHILOH BAPTIST CHURCH
*MOUNT ZION UNITED CHURCH OF GOD
*MOUNT HEBRON MEMORIAL C.O.G.I.C.
*MOUNT HEBRON BAPTIST CHURCH
*UNION TEMPLE CHURCH
*NEW BEGINNING HIGHWAY CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST
*GREATER NEW HOPE BAPTIST CHURCH
*JOHN WESLEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
*CHRISTIAN TEMPLE BAPTIST CHURCH
*CHRISTIAN MEMORIAL CHURCH
*ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL BAPTIST CHURCH
*SEVENTH BAPTIST CHURCH
*SOLID ROCK FREE WILL CHURCH OF BALTIMORE
*THE MOUNT HEBRON BAPTIST CHURCH
*ST. JOHN ALPHA AND OMEGA CHURCH
*NEW ZION HILL BAPTIST CHURCH
*FAITH EVANGELICAL LUTHERN CHURCH
*NEW LIFE EVANGELICAL BAPTIST CHURCH
What do you see with the Charm City Circulator in non-Black areas?
Whether you’re new to Baltimore or a regular visitor, there’s always something new to try! Here are just a few of the many popular attractions you can see for FREE by jumping on the Charm City Circulator:
- American Visionary Arts Museum
- Baltimore Museum of Art
- Broadway Market
- Center Stage
- Flag House Museum
- Hippodrome Theater
- Historic Ships of Baltimore
- Inner Harbor
- Lexington Market
- Little Italy
- Maryland Science Center
- National Aquarium in Baltimore
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards
- Power Plant LIVE
- Rash Field
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum
- Royal Farms Arena
- Walters Art Museum
- Washington Monument
- Sun: 9a–8p
- Mon: 7a–8p
- Tue: 7a–8p
- Wed: 7a–8p
- Thu: 7a–8p
- Fri: 7a–Midnight
- Sat: 9a–Midnight
Where does the Charm City Circulator inequitably run?
The Charm City Circulator consists of four separate routes:
- Green Route which runs from City Hall to Fells Point to the Johns Hopkins Hospital Campus
- Purple Route which runs from 33rd Street to Federal Hill
- Orange Route which runs from Hollins Market to Harbor East
- Banner Route which runs from the Inner Harbor to Fort McHenry
Top 10 Reasons to Ride the Charm City Circulator
- FAST, FRIENDLY & FREE. Free is good. And, free is faster because you don’t have to waste time looking for a change or waiting in line for other riders to pay a fare.
- Rides come every 15 to 20 minutes, every 20-25 minutes for the Banner Route. All you have to do is step on and go.
- Baltimore’s never seen a ride like this one. It’s sleek, comfortable, and green. With zero emissions up to 40% of the time, it will even help keep the planet cool.
- The Charm City Circulator will take you to all there is to do in the heart of the city, like business meetings or a ball game. Or use it to connect between other forms of transit like Light Rail, MARC, the subway, even the Harbor Connector.
- CUSTOMERS ARE #1. Professional drivers are specially trained to make Your New Downtown Ride friendly, calm, and comfortable.
- CHILD FRIENDLY. The Charm City Circulator makes it easy and inexpensive to take the whole family to one of Downtown’s museums, parks, and attractions.
- CREATIVE USE OF TIME. Sit back and relax. Read the paper. Or get some extra work done. Anything’s possible when you don’t have to sit behind the wheel.
- CONVENTION COVERAGE. Visitors can get from their hotel to the Convention Center, then take it to museums, shopping, and the area’s best restaurants.
- COST-EFFECTIVE. Even if you drive to a garage you can take the Charm City Circulator between appointments, eliminating the need to pay to park more than once.
- CAR SAVER. Downtown residents will no longer have to suffer the expense and hassle of owning (and parking) a car. The Charm City Circulator will get you where you need to go, whether it’s the grocery store, the office, or back from a night out with friends.