IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please note that as the City is continuing its response to the current COVID-19 health crisis, it is important to keep members of the public, our Planning Commission, and staff as safe as possible. For that reason, this meeting will be conducted as a remote video conference meeting. We will continue to update you as needed.
You may join by computer or smartphone at:
Meeting number: 179 015 8196 Event password: Planning
You may join by telephone at: +1-408-418-9388 Access code: 179 015 8196
If you are unable to participate, you may submit written testimony to email@example.com not later than 10am on February 25, 2021.
1. ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 4, 2021
3. CIP TRANSFERS
4. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0035/ LANDMARK LIST – REED CALLOWAY HOUSE (Seventh District)
For the purpose of designating the Reed Calloway House, 1316 North Carey Street, as an historical landmark: exterior. (Councilmember Torrence)
5. MINOR SUBDIVISION FINAL PLANS/ 2215 DIVISION STREET (CAB CALLOWAY LEGENDS PARK) (Seventh District)
6. MINOR SUBDIVISION FINAL PLANS/ 2229-2245 KIRK AVENUE (Twelfth District)
7. MAJOR SUBDIVISION REVISED FINAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN/ 601 SOUTH HAVEN STREET – OVERLOOK (First District)
8. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-_____/ FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT CODE – REVISION (Citywide)
[Note: We are anticipating introduction on Feb 22, 2021]
For the purpose of modifying the City laws governing floodplain management to meet or exceed requirements for eligibility in the National Flood Insurance Program and other requirements of Federal and State law; incorporating certain flood-resistant design and construction standards adopted by the American Society of Civil Engineers; defining and redefining certain terms; repealing redundant, obsolete, or otherwise superfluous provisions; correcting and conforming certain obsolete nomenclature; providing for a special effective date; and generally relating to the protection, maintenance, and enhancement of the public health, safety, and welfare through floodplain management.
9. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0025/ REZONING – 2200, 2205, 2220, 2300, 2301, 2310, 2330, 2400, AND 2500 BROENING HIGHWAY AND BLOCK 6916, LOT 015 (First District)
For the purpose of changing the zoning for the properties known as 2200 (Block 6916, Lot 003), 2220 (Block 6916, Lot 004), 2300 (Block 6916, Lot 005), 2310 (Block 6916, Lot 007), 2330 (Block 6916, Lots 010A and 009), 2400 (Block 6916, Lot 011, and 2500 (Block 6916, Lot 013) Broening Highway and Block 6916, Lot 015, as outlined in red on the accompanying plat, from the OIC Zoning District to the MI Zoning District; and changing the zoning for the properties known as 2205 (Block 6915, Lot 001), 2301 (Block 6915, Lot 006), and 2501 (Block 6915, Lot 009A) Broening Highway, as outlined in blue on the accompanying plat, from the I-2 Zoning District to the MI Zoning District. (Councilmember Cohen)
10. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0026/ REZONING – 1201 SOUTH CATON AVENUE (Tenth District)
For the purpose of changing the zoning for the property known as 1201 South Caton Avenue (Block 2108C, Lot 002), as outlined in red on the accompanying plat, from the EC-1 Zoning District to the I-1 Zoning District; and providing for a special effective date. (Councilmember Porter)
11. MAJOR SUBDIVISION FINAL PLANS / 1301 EAST FORT AVENUE (Eleventh District)
12. MAJOR SUBDIVISION FINAL PLANS / 1801 EAST OLIVER STREET (BALTIMORE PUMP HOUSE) (Twelfth District)
13. PLANNING COMMISSION WORK SESSION – PRELIMINARY CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM RECOMMENDATIONS (Citywide)
This agenda was prepared on the assumption that all necessary materials have been made available in suggestion time for consideration by the Planning Commission at this meeting. This agenda was prepared on the assumption that all necessary materials have been made available in suggestion time for consideration by the Planning Commission at this meeting. There are occasionally changes in this agenda when relevant materials have not been delivered to the Department of Planning on schedule.
For any item marked (**), please call the Department of Planning at 410-396-8358 for the most current information. The meeting will be held by video conference only, with the connection and dial-in instructions at the top of this agenda.